Questions To Ask Before Remodeling Your BathroomJ&J Construction of Illinois, Inc.
Why do so many people in Glen Ellyn, IL drag their feet when it comes to remodeling their bathroom?
Well, for one thing, it’s not exactly an easy job. The good news is that bathroom renovation should not be a complicated process. In fact, asking yourself a few important questions can really simplify your bathroom remodeling project.
- After you determine your budget, list things you like about your current bathroom, and then determine what features your bathroom is missing. If you have more than one bathroom, identify which one you want to remodel. The following questions serve as a guideline:
- How many people live in the home, and how many use the bathroom at the same time?
- What takes place in the bathroom besides regular bathroom activities, (e.g. relaxing, listening to music, pedicures, getting dressed)?
- What are your water usage concerns? For example, do you run out of hot water while filling the tub?
- What aspects of your bathroom layout are uncomfortable? (e.g. storage space, fixtures, lack of electrical outlets, materials and ventilation).
- Is there enough surface space? (Surfaces are one of the most important considerations in bath design, for example, flooring should have a texture that is non-slippery when wet).
- How do your materials of choice stand up to hard water and how often are you willing to clean?
- Is the privacy sufficient? (In a large bathroom, consider creating a separate “water closet” space for the toilet. This separation serves both a functional and an aesthetic purpose, because more than one person can comfortably use the bathroom at once if the toilet is private.)
- Are there issues with the layout?
- Does your bathroom’s cabinet space provide enough space for your needs? (Shower storage is important and built-in niches to keep shampoo and body wash are a must).
- Are you interested in adding any energy-efficient or water-saving features? If so, what?
Describe what your ideal bathroom would look like, including the colors. Rustic or traditional? Asian or Minimalist? After you have answered these questions, you will have a clearer picture of what bathroom features you want and need, and what you want your remodel to accomplish.
Now, make a priority list and rank each item with a number between 1-8 (1 being the most important to you and 8 being the least important)
- Increase resale value
- Reconfigure cabinets and storage
- Add space
- Improve layout
- Update fixtures or style
- Improve water and energy efficiency
- Add spa, sauna or retreat space
After you’ve answered these questions you will have a much better handle on your needs and wants, and you are ready to start! That’s where J&J Construction of Illinois, Inc comes in. Even if you weren’t able to answer all the questions, we will be glad to work with you on all your bathroom remodeling needs, from start to finish! J&J Construction will complete your Glen Ellyn, IL bathroom remodel on time, on budget, and up to the quality standard that you expect. Schedule a free consultation today!
Phone: (630) 904-8500