Luxury Walk-In Shower IdeasJ&J Construction of Illinois, Inc.
If you’ve considered a bathroom renovation in recent years, chances are you’ve given serious thought to a walk-in shower. After all, they are sleek, easier to clean, provide smart storage and convenience, and there are no cumbersome curbs to trip over (bonus!).
With a frameless glass enclosure, a walk-in shower fits in seamlessly to any luxury bathroom design offering one cohesive bathroom aesthetic. Open-concept isn’t just for kitchens. Use the same materials for a walk-in shower as the rest of the bathroom and you have a unified space that looks beautiful and appears larger. Let’s take a look at the benefits and considerations of this open-concept bathroom idea.
There are many benefits of walk-in showers. Aside from usability and a beautiful design, accessibility is a major convenience. Updating bathrooms for aging and accessibility is critical to safety and comfort. The low-threshold aspect of walk-in showers makes bathing accessible for people of all levels of mobility.
We can all agree that the less time it takes to clean, the better. The beauty of a walk-in shower is that there are fewer nooks and crannies to scrub than with a traditional shower enclosure. Its surfaces are smooth and nonporous, so a simple wipe down will suffice. No more dingy, mold-attracting curtains.
Wall niches are absolutely necessary when thinking about a new walk-in shower space. Bottles, razors, scrubs, loofahs: we tend to keep a lot of items in our showers, and if we invest in creating a beautiful space, the last thing we want to do is clutter it up.
Keep your space clean and your essential items in their designated place with a wall niche, or two. A shower niche is a great solution for relatively little expense. It’s an extremely useful feature that provides you with a storage solution without adding bulky organizers. Everyday shower items can be kept out of the way within the wall of your shower.
The majority of walk-in showers designed today include a built-in shower bench, and for good reason. A built-in shower bench is a seat that is framed right into the shower wall and floor, which is then waterproofed and tiled. They can provide a foot rest for leg-shaving and exfoliating, an extra surface for toiletries, sponges, etc., and a sitting option. This is especially important in case of mobility issues or injuries.
Think about your space. A narrow shower bench is good for resting a foot or to create an extra space for a few select toiletries, while a corner bench leaves more floor space available if you prefer that.
Shower benches can be prefabricated or custom built. The depth and height can be customized and of course then waterproofed.
An incorrectly installed shower bench can create major issues in your bathroom like water leaks. Make sure the bench stays where it should, and moves water efficiently toward your drains. Our team of experts are here to help.
Showerheads are available in hundreds of designs. It can be overwhelming to take a look through a catalog or scour the internet, and they are one of the most important elements of your new bathroom. You need to consider functionality and appearance.
You’re probably already familiar with standard mounted showerheads, but don’t forget to consider additional options:
- Rain- A rain showerhead, also known as a rainfall or waterfall showerhead, is a ceiling-mounted showerhead that sprays water down vertically and falls down on your entire body. It has light water pressure to mimic the feel of rinsing in the rain, so even on hectic mornings, you can enjoy a relaxing, serene shower before you start your day.
- Dual- Dual showerhead systems offer two shower heads in one unit, which makes it a popular choice among homeowners. The shower heads can differ in size and function. A dual showerhead also adds an element of practicality when cleaning your shower space (you can use the handheld to get into the nooks and crannies).
- Water jets-Water jets can be a real treat, and they have added benefits to our bodies. They can increase blood flow and lymphatic circulation, ease muscle tension and stimulate and revitalize your skin.
- Massage- This luxury choice showerhead can help soothe muscle tension, increase flexibility, and relieve stress with a powerful water massage. A massage showerhead can relieve joint discomfort, alleviate stress, and provide you with an invigorating shower experience.
- Shower panels- A shower panel consists of a long, fixed column that affixes to the shower wall using the existing rough pipes – with various available configurations, including models with thermostatic temperature controls. This option is modern, easy to care for, and stylish.
- LED-Add a little something special with LED shower heads, which work through water pressure, not electricity. Some LED shower heads change color with water temperature.
With our hectic day-to-day schedules, many people don’t have time to take a luxurious bath. It takes time to fill up, extra effort to clean, and let’s not mention the water bill if someone in your home takes baths regularly. That’s why more and more homeowners are trading in their oversized tubs for spa-like showers. They can truly be the epitome of relaxation if done well.
The most luxurious walk-in showers will include personal touches like built-in wireless speakers, a heated towel bar or drawer for immediate pampering when you step out, skylight additions, or perhaps wall jets for an added delight. The opportunities for customization are bountiful.
It comes down to what you as a homeowner finds inspiring. What feeling do you want to create when you enter your bathroom? You may love the look of clean tile from floor to ceiling, or you might want warm wood incorporated into your design.
Take a look at ideas and current trends, consult with professionals, and ultimately decide what you want this space to look like and be for you and your family. This is your space. Don’t be afraid to make it your own.
Looking for more information? Download our Bathroom Design Guide to see what beautiful trends will update your home and fit into your lifestyle, whether you’re looking for a sanctuary to retreat to at the end of a long day, or a functionable space for the whole family.
Ready to reimagine your bathroom? We can help make your vision a reality with a free consultation! – Schedule one with our team today!